Safe work place
We ensure safe working conditions through:
- Robust HSE framework in place that applies to all personnel
- Proactive approach to identify potential hazards
- Prevention or mitigation measures put in place early
- Ability to stop work in case of unsafe conditions
- Regular reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Investigation of all incidents and near misses with high potential
- Sharing of experiences, lessons learned and best practice throughout operations
- Empowering personnel to personally take responsibility for performing their work safely
- Competence and sound judgment
- Training and guidance
- Constant vigilance
- Channels to openly raise concerns and report risks
Since safety is a joint responsibility, the same level of commitment is expected from all of Lundin Petroleum's contractors, suppliers and partners, to ensure that the highest standards of safety are followed across all operations.
Strong HSE performance on Bertam FPSO refurbishment
An example of strong HSE performance can be seen in Lundin Petroleum's fast-track development of the Bertam field in Malaysia. With a project completion in less than 18 months it marks a pace setting performance that required strong HSE management in order to be successfully implemented. At the Keppel shipyard in Singapore, with onsite personnel ranging from 100 to 1,200 daily, zero lost time incidents occurred throughout the project's lifetime. This exceptional performance was the result of a strong HSE stewardship, which included recruitment of new staff to strengthen existing HSE teams, selection of contractors with strong HSE credentials and a dedicated HSE officer that conducted on-site supervision during the entire duration of the work.
In July 2015, the Keppel shipyard received a Safety and Health award recognition from authorities in Singapore for the refurbishment project. This excellent safety performance demonstrates the importance of communicating Lundin Petroleum's HSE commitment and expectations to all contractors, and the value of exercising at all times a close and constructive supervision of the work that is being carried out.